203A VR Room (Scott Media Creation Lab: Scott Library Media Creation Lab) Capacity: 1
VR Room A
Note: This room must be used for VR experiences or producing artifacts for VR experiences.
This room is accommodates one person. It's equipped with a wireless HTC Vive Pro 2 headset, connected to a high-end PC with an Nvidia GeForce RTX3080 video card.
Lab workstations lock/reset after 20 min without manual input. Also, they don't permanently store files. Use online-storage services and/or portable drives to save your work!
You may use the computer to build AR/VR/3D content, or to view existing VR experiences. Our growing catalogue of material includes:
- Agence (NFB, dir. Pietro Gagliano; 30 mins)
- Amends (dir. Mikkel Battefeld; 15 mins)
- Biidaaban: First Light (NFB, dir. Lisa Jackson; 10 mins)
- Book of Distance (NFB, dir. Randall Okita; 30 mins)
- End of Night (Makropol & Novelab, dir. David Adler; 1 hr)
- Google Earth VR
- Hush (prod. Final Cut for Real; 10 mins)
- The Lab (Valve)
- The Museum of Symmetry (NFB, dir. Paloma Dawkins; 20 mins)
- MARSVR: Mars Desert Research Station VR (The Mars Society; 20 mins)
- MoCap Fusion
- Mona Lisa: Beyond the Glass (Musée du Louvre; 20 mins)
- Parliament: the Virtual Reality Experience (NFB; 20 mins)
- Reality and Resistance (Nottingham Contemporary; 1 hr)
- Rec Room
- Still Here VR (created by Zahra Rasool & Sarah Springer; 25 mins)
Workstations also have Sansar VR and SecondLife software available.
More content is being added regularly, and you are not restricted to experiences we have on hand! You are free to explore any freely-available content compatible with HTC Vive systems (i.e. Viveport and SteamVR content)
View more info on Media Creation Lab website
- VR Room online guide v1.30 (Figma)
- VR Room printable guide v1.30 (PDF, 34 MB)
Power Available: Yes